Life seems to be twice as hard when you have a sinus infection. Your normal routine is disrupted when the symptoms hit you. Severe headaches make you unable to concentrate at work. Going out with your friends is out of the question because you’re not feeling well. At night, sleeping is also difficult because of the pain and discomfort you are feeling.
Another symptom of sinus infection is dizziness. Dizziness is defined as the state of physical unsteadiness and lightheadedness, related with imbalance. In short, when you feel dizzy, it is very difficult to walk around. The world around you seems to be moving instead of you.
Dizziness may be brought about by the other symptoms. For example, headaches and fatigue can make you lightheaded at times. Sinusitis also causes facial pain in areas such as the jaws and teeth, forehead, area around the eyes, and nose. You may feel dizzy when these areas in the face are inflamed. Also, when the infection is due to virus, colds can cause dizziness.
To prevent these symptoms from disrupting your normal life, it is best to take steps on preventing the infection in the first place. Start by committing yourself to a healthier lifestyle. Follow the steps below in taking care of your sinuses:
1. Eat healthy foods such as fruits and vegetables. Take in foods that are rich in antioxidants such as red grapes, broccoli, tomatoes and garlic. These foods boost the immune system, making the body stronger and less vulnerable to infection.
2. Drink lots of water and other liquids to keep the body hydrated. Teas are advisable as they are helpful in calming the body and mind.
3. Take vitamin supplements. This will ensure that your body is getting the proper nutrients daily.
4. Stop smoking. Cigarette smoke irritates the mucus membranes of your nose, causing further infection.
5. Exercising regularly makes the body stronger and less susceptible to diseases.
6. Treat common colds promptly to avoid further complications.
7. Avoid contact with people who have colds and other viral infections. If contact is unavoidable, wash your hands often.
8. Keep use of drug medications to the minimum. They tend to lose effectiveness if used frequently and some have long term negative effects. Try natural home remedies instead, such as steam treatment and nasal irrigation.
If you are already suffering from the symptoms mentioned above and suspect an infection, schedule an appointment with your physician as soon as possible. Don’t wait for the symptoms to worsen before seeking professional help. It is better to undergo treatment early on to prevent further complications.
For more information, visit http://www.sinusdynamics.com/Sinusitis-Infection-Dizziness.html.
Article Source: http://www.articlealley.com/http://jillghprx.articlealley.com/does-sinus-infection-cause-dizziness-867459.html